The Tao Te Ching Guide's to Being a Super Hero Pt 1

I wish to construct a hero that would revision, or better comment, the iconicity of a Super-Hero. Superman is iconic. Batman is iconic. Spiderman is iconic. The list goes on and on. Yet, I fail to understand how they reach this iconic status. Is it because of longevity? Or, is it what they represent ? Maybe, it is the combination of both.I simply could not understand this, this idea of a character reaching an iconic status. In order to understand the concept of a Super-Hero better I look to Stephen Mitchell's translation of the Tao Te Ching. I am using this Eastern Philosophical work to properly to understand the idea of an iconic Super-Hero. This text was picked essentially because this work showed how most iconic Super-Heroes can be characterize as trying to live a virtuous lifestyle.Furthermore, they try to pass on that lifestyle to those around them through their actions, whether they know it or not. I feel a Super-Hero in any world, universe, dimension, etc needs to at the very least try to follow this kind of path. However, I come to understand what makes people attracted to these characters is that their iconic Super-Hero sometimes fall of that beaten path, and therefore the reader can relate more easily to the character. This notion I am not interested in.Rather, I am interested in the path the hero takes.

To be continued...........

0 comments:

Post a Comment